- Participate in World Water Monitoring Day, Dakota Water Watch or or start your own volunteer water quality monitoring program. Collect water quality data and share the results with your community.
- Greenscape your yard. Get your home, school or workplace as a certified habitat. Encourage local officials to do the same with public spaces.
- Promote and use car pools, public transportation, bikes or walking to reduce the demand for roads.
- Pick up trash, especially along water ways. Organize a trash clean up.
- Support low impact development and smart growth.